SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idie2live

Before-n-after: Living Room

idie2live
13 years ago

I hope these pics are not too large. I put the before and after side by side so you could see the changes without scrolling down. This is from last year.

About 7 years ago, I had my chairs upholstered and bought these curtains. But I never got around to painting and accessorizing this room. It was just so dull! So I decided to paint last fall. Before pics on the left and after on the right.

Plain white wall to COLOR! Smaller table, new rug and new lamp.

{{!gwi}}

This recess where the painting is hanging used to be a doorway I cut out to make the bedroom a dining room. After a few years of having it, I decided to have it closed up and use the room to enlarge my bedroom and make a walkin closet. I left it recessed so I could have 4" deep shelves. I wasn't sure how useful they would be, but they work just fine.

I got rid of my dining room table, china cabinet and buffet. I found this table in an antique mall for $150. It matches the sofa that the upholster GAVE me!

{{!gwi}}

This is the painting I found last summer that made me decide to paint. I had been looking for a painting with a rainy scene and some red color if possible. I found a couple, but none were large enough. I happened accross this one at the mall and loved it.

This is the closest to the real colors. The top seems to shift to tan with daylight and a hint of green with lamplight.

{{!gwi}}

After the porch was enclosed and new door installed

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County