SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zazutoo_gw

appliance questions

zazutoo
13 years ago

We have taken months to find the right people to do our kitchen/first floor remodel -- okay, the search was interrupted by my husband's heart transplant, but it has been a long time. We are going with a design/build firm and can't wait to see the first rough drafts of designs. And can't wait to post them on the forum! Depending upon how long the design process takes, we are looking at a fall start date for the work.

My renovation blog is: http://acrosstherubricon.blogspot.com/ Right now, it has mostly appliance ideas, but if you scroll down you can see pictures of the kitchen the way it is.

A few questions to begin if you please:

1. We are appliance hunting and it is overwhelming. I am finding it hard to find solid reviews of appliances. Any ideas of on reliable places to look? Should I subscribe to consumer reports for a few months?

2. Any experience buying appliances online? Is it crazy? Or are appliance stores amenable to matching prices? Can you bargain at an appliance store?

3. A KD who we like a lot has suggested that instead of two ovens we should consider a regular oven and a good sized convection/microwave oven. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the help. I hope I can do the same for others as I become my own kitchen expert.

Suzanne

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz