SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691163

It's been one of those days

User
12 years ago

First of all, the ash plywood we ordered from the lumberyard came in. We paid premium price for domestic because they said the imported had a thin veneer. Well, this one has spots in it that have no veneer at all. And the lumberyard has a no returns policy.

Then dh came home after noon totally stressed because the big whigs at his company made some "simple" changes that will cause headaches for the next year and a lot of people will probably lose some of their best customers.

He needed a break so we took my little SUV to get the ash hardwood we need. It was rainy and cloudy and we didn't want to risk the wood getting wet in the pickup.

Then we got a call that his dad had a stroke at the nursing home and they haven't been able to rouse him. They waited all day before calling in the doctor. He'll be there in the morning.

Then we found that our septic tank is full. Thought it was the pump, but it's just full and needs to be emptied tomorrow. Meanwhile, dd had offered our house to two friends who are spending the weekend here to go to a concert. They were supposed to come tonight but I told her to call and tell them not to come until tomorrow.

What next?

The good news is that I put the last coat of finish on the cabinets this afternoon. At least I hope it's the last. I hope I like the way it looks tomorrow. Right now I'm not thrilled.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz