SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

It has been one of those rare and glorious days

endorphinjunkie
16 years ago

Woke up to 50° temperature this morning. The humidity and haze has all but disappeared. Drove over to Lookout Mountain to work a soccer game at Covenant College in the early afternoon. It were a well played excitingly close game. It were fun and reminds me that I don't really want to retire from soccer ref even if my body is telling me to.

This is the first time I have worked a Covenant home game. Who knew that it were 15 minutes from Rising Fawn. Rising Fawn is my favourite hang gliding launch site. I rented a glider after the game and got in two flights before I had to leave for home. Flight times amounted to about 45 minutes. I have missed the rarefied air.

Stopped in Huntsville on the way home and spent some time with my brother and his family. My older nieces are not little girls anymore. The two older ones, 15 and 13, are young women. The least one is seven and is following after her sisters. The two older ones sing, and have angelic voices. I was priviledged to have a short private concert.

Picked up some king crab legs, a steak, and home fries to have for supper. Afterwards, when the moon rises, it's oft to the marina. Maybe to sail under the moon and stars, or just maybe to sit on the marina balcony and have a drink with the other boat bums.

Days like this are rare. Too rare, by far. But it's days like this that remind me life is worth living. A good day now and then will always make up for several bad days that will string themselves together. That seems to be the equation of life, though.

Elia

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions