SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenny

OT=Forum courtesy

colleenny
17 years ago

I have been noticing that some people ask for advice and then you never hear from them again. Common courtesy would be if you at least post a thank you to the person who has taken the time to answer your question or look up a website for you.

Comments (10)

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Amen,Coleen.
    Some of them sound so desperate for an answer,yet we don't even see where they've come back to check to see if we answered.So common courtesy would be nice!!
    Kathi

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Thanks for posting this Colleen.

I haven't ansered a lot of questions here, but on some, I have spent time searching online, or have spent time going through some of my books for answers. I love sharing..but without a simple "thank you", I feel....well...used.

I personally have learned a lot by the answers given here, even if I wasn't the person who asked...and I appreciate everyone taking the time to post an answer.

Woodsy (Lynn in PA)

• jenni_ca
    16 years ago

There was a note on here from someone asking for a particular bib pattern.
    I had the book the pattern was in so I emailed her and ask her if she would like me to copy it and send it to her.
    She was anxious to get it.
    I copied the pattern, mailed it to her in Canada, which required a trip to the post office
    because of postage, and have never heard from her again.
    I can only assume she got it.
    A simple 'I received it, thanks' would have been nice.
    I posted a reply on her original note yesterday asking if she had got it.
    Oh well, I hope she did get it.

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Jenni...you did a very nice thing. Even if the reciever didn't say "thank you"...I will!

Thank you...because you have again proven that the women on this forum are wonderful, caring people, who love to sew, and share in the joy of it.

(this in no way is an excuse for rude people..but I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your kindness and caring!)
    Woodsy

• jenni_ca
    16 years ago

Thank YOU Woodsy...I am at my best when I can help someone and never hesitate to do so.
    But it IS nice, and the polite thing to do, when someone says thanks.
    I suppose there could be alot of reasons this person never thanked me.
    It's ok tho, I will continue to help out when I can.
    I just wonder what has happened to manners these days.

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Oh, I've been spending too much time at the quilting forum...and haven't checked back here for over a week! (sheepish grin)...
    I'm glad to see other people's rudeness hasn't dampened your sewing spirit!
    I don't think people today are taught manners. The emphasis is on "self"...and they can see no farther than their own wants and needs. How sad.
    Have a great day!
    Woodsy

• elainedla
    16 years ago

HERE HERE WOODSY!! How sad that manners are not taught any more. Makes me wonder if the lack of manners is linked to the crime rate. I just found this site and love it, even passed it on to a couple of friends. What a pleasure to find a site that is not run by kids.

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Hi elainedla..and welcome to the forum! It's not insanely busy here, but there is a lot of good information.

And yes, things have changed since we were kids..new generation, new rules. Things will change again, as this generation matures...it always does.

Hope to see you again on the forum...have a great day.
    Woodsy

• elainedla
    16 years ago

Thank you for the Welcome!

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

A big thank you to all of you even though I've never asked for advice. If they are like me they post to so many forums on garden web they can't remember which post they posted to! I go back to look at my posts and can never find them. I'm new to Garden Web but am enjoying all the posts. Found some very useful info.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida