SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christine9_gw

Need help with bobbin holder, bobbin & threading

christine9
17 years ago

Hi everyone. I had a little trouble recently with my Singer Starlet 354 (about 20yrs old ) and I order several replacement parts. I had to dismantle "everything" but thanks to the Parts Manual and some pictures I took I was able to put everything back together correctly except one piece (i think).

Everything runs smoothly but when I threaded the machine the thread from the bobbin is not getting picked up by the needle from top. I followed all instructions but nothing worked. I've been on it for three days now and nothing works. All I need to know is how the threading works from below. How or what makes the thread from the bobbin go through the needle plate hole?

The instructions say that the needle will pass into the needle plate hole and come up with a loop that will have the thread from the bobbin hanging there for me to pull through.

How do I position the bobbin holder? or how should I position the bobbin rotater below the bobbin holder before putting the belt from below? Or does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Please help!!!

This post might be a little confusing but I would really appreciate any help with this. Thank you in advance :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21