SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowermum_gw

How much would you charge?

flowermum
17 years ago

Hello,

Someone has asked me to "design" a particular item for them to use in their own business to sell.

This person did not offer me any money to do this, nor did they ask how much I would charge for doing this. I consider myself a novice and I have never designed anything other than pillows.

I explained to this person that I am a novice and that this request is out of my realm. They responded by stating they felt with my knowledge, that this is something I'm capable of doing.

I really feel offended that this person would assume I'm an idiot, and that I would not want to be compensated for this work. They want me to take an item they already have and "improve" upon it for them to sell.

Therefore, how would you handle a situation like this and how does one go about pricing a unique design?

I think I'm concerned about preserving a "friendship" that really isn't a friendship after all. If this person were truly a friend, wouldn't they want to compensate me? Or is this what friends do for each other?

Thanks a lot!!!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz