SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garnetsews

Cleaning and Buried!

garnetsews
19 years ago

Last week our 31 year old son moved home -- bad bad marriage. We are tickled!

This week our 21 year old son moved home -- terrible living situation and illness is taking it's tole. We are tickled!

I work from my home and had taken over one bedroom for storage and shipping. One bedroom had been used for TV / stationary bike and we had put a brand new day bed for guests. The other bigger bedroom had been converted several years ago to a cutting room with a 6' by 14' table with material racks. My formal living room with all the comforts of a sewing room is now becoming several different room items in one.

I am very overwhelmed and happy at the same time. How do you get through the shuffle without having a nervous breakdown?

Between the belongings of the two boys and our extra stuff we have already filled up a rented storage cubicle. We have a 3300 square foot house which doesn't include the 4 car garage and we are stuff maxed. A yard sale is in the works and I hope that some of the extra stuff finds good homes.

Must get everything under control by Monday AM when a new bedroom set is coming in for the 21 year old. I'll make it -- I think.

Have any of you gone through this and how did you handle it? Having the boys home is wonderful and we have welcomed them with open arms. Yes, our empty nest is gone and we are beginning some major adjustments.

Any suggestions for success will be more than welcome and thanks for listening.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths