SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgranara

Need Dining Room Advice!

dgranara
11 years ago

My husband and I moved into our house back in January and have sloooooowly started updating/renovating. I don't usually have much trouble making decorating decisions. I know what I like and I know what I don't like. However, when it comes to this room, I am just STUCK. This is how the dining room looked when we bought the house (it looks much the same now, only with my furniture in it).

You can see into the dining room and out the window to the backyard from the front door (first view when you walk into the house) so I really want to make it something special. We are DEFINITELY painting the wood in this room. The quality of the wood isn't great (basically a step above plywood) and after living with it for almost six months, I feel the room needs some brightening up. The wood will be painted an off-white, and because it encompasses so much of the room, I've decided to use a dark, saturated color on top. Here's where it gets dicey. I've narrowed it down to a dark gold...like a butterscotch OR a dark blue (hint of green is okay). I love my round dining table, and have four parsons chairs I'll use in the room, at least temporarily. I want to order new slipcovers for the chairs, but can't do that until I settle on the paint. These are the covers I'm considering, depending on what color I go with:

I also like the plain old linen colored slipcovers (see what I mean about not being able to make up my mind!)

Another thing to consider is there's this cool little arched doorway between the foyer and dining room, and I've always wanted to put a fabric or wallpaper in it, so I don't want anything to clash with whatever I choose for slipcovers. So much to consider. My head is spinning. Any Thoughts?

Comments (3)