SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_kosco

help choosing tween pfaff and quattro

Jennifer Kosco
15 years ago

hi,

i need help in choosing between two machines.

i have narrowed the choices down to the pfaff CV and the brother quattro. there are lots of pros and cons on both machines.

what are your opinions?

thank you,

jennifer kosco

Comments (7)

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

You don't say if you are a beginner or experienced sewer/sewist, so it may be hard for us to help you decide. Also, you don't mention your budget or what you want to do with this machine, i.e. home dec, quilting, embroidery, fashion sewing, crafts, etc.

If the CV refers to Creative Vision, I did not find many reviews on the Sewing Pattern Review website, which is my go to place to find reviews on sewing machines. But I have mostly heard only good things about Pfaff machines in general, so that would be my choice.

Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: all Pfaff reveiws on Sewing Pattern Review.com

• botanicat
    15 years ago

I love my Pfaff. I have the 2010, an electronic model with less bells and whistles than most, Mine is about 5 years old.

• aamassther
    15 years ago

We have an older Pfaff 2140 and the Brother Duetta. I love both machines. However, be aware that Pfaff has been sold since the manufacture of the 2140 and I've heard it's for sale again. I've also heard from dealers that the company that owns Singer, Viking and Pfaff or SVP his cutting a lot of corners and that quality and service to dealer network is dropping. Brother seems to be putting a lot of R and D into their dealer quality machine line. I have been covetting the Quattro, wish I could afford it.

• Jennifer Kosco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

just wanted to say thank you very much to all the posters.
    i only think its fair to say that i did take the plunge and get the quattro. for what i paid and a very close dealer, it was a nobrainer for me.
    i knew that pfaff had been sold. did not know the other information. good to know.
    so far, so good. its tried to do the dishes, but i told it no. ha, just kidding. :)
    thanks again,
    jenn k

• FLadydoc
    11 years ago

Are you still happy with your Brother Quattro? Considering the Quattro 2.

• Jennifer Kosco
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, love it! No regrets

• onefineseamstres
    11 years ago

you could go with either machine and probably do well with either one. I have only had on Phaff, and it was a commercial machine, but I didn't like it. supposed to be so wonderful, but It just wouldn't hold the timing worth a darn. Had several mechanics look it over and none found anything wrong with it... but it was knocked out of timing every time a needle broke. Weird. I did know how to set that timing on it.. but it was a pain to do it so often. I finally sold it and bought 2 singer commerical machines