SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
walkin_yesindeed

RL Studio Cream,Deep Cream, Flour Sack White, Faded Clouds: tone?

walkin_yesindeed
15 years ago

For those of you still kind enough to read my endless posts about paint, I'm shifting gears.

(Brief back story: I only have local access to Lowe's, HD, and SW. Lowe's said they could colormatch BM for me, but the samples were all over the place. I went to SW to try their colors, and their samples also came out goofy. I finally learned that sampling pale colors is difficult, esp here where I have yet to run across a "paint guy" who's good at colormatching, b/c the computer frequently doesn't convert the formula correctly for the much-smaller amount of paint that's in a sample as opposed to a gallon. So I'm having to go off chips rather than samples, because I am just tired of spending $$ on paint or, in SW's case, "paint" that isn't the right color and that I now don't need. Of the brands available to me, I like RL the best, and Faron likes it, so that's all I need! (: )

So: of these colors (Studio Cream,Deep Cream, Flour Sack White, Faded Clouds, also Roadster White): does anyone have them? Can anyone talk to me about undertones? Faded Clouds seems a tiny bit yellow to me; Lynn2006 has posted about Deep Cream having a lemon tone, which I don't see on my chip but definitely don't want on my wall; Studio Cream seems just ever-so-slightly pink...?

TIA, all. And feel free to generally chime in about RL paint and colors as needed. I'd be grateful for any and all help, before I leap from a chip to a gallon and just get my darn wall painted already...

Comments (6)