SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanya_gw

How to use patterned paper as background...

24 years ago

I got some paper that I won in the mail the other day (15 sheets), I got to choose the "themes" I wanted, so I chose all baby boy things, since I'm expecting my 2nd son (3rd child) in May. They are all Frances Meyer 12x12 paper, and they are really nice. Most of my album is the "classic" (boring, lol) CM with no papers in the background, ya know? I do use paper as a matte for a picture, and in corners, etc.

Anyway, I put some up to my album last night, and they are slightly too big. What do I do? Some of them are patterned right to the edges, like one has a railroad track, and train running almost right to all 4 edges of the paper. Do I trim them so that they fit properly in the CM album? Does it work to write directly on the paper as well as it does onto the album paper? I do a lot of journalling on my pages!

Is it going to look funny to have some pages with paper and others not? I always thought they were "busier" pages with the paper in the background, but these patterns seem to be pretty good, and some of them are just like a frame around the plain white page.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Tanya

Comment (1)

Sponsored