SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nelda_gw

Scrapper 'Baby's First Year' Calendar

Nelda
24 years ago

Hello all! I am new to scrapping, but I have an idea that I would love to do for my girlfriend's new baby. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I want to make up a blank calendar for the next year, starting with March (her baby is due in March), with a double spread page for each month. I would have it bound together (you can get it done at Staples or Office max, etc. I've done photo calendars before as Christmas gifts to family). The months would be there, but the "picture" side would be blank. After each month (when she has pictures developed), I would like to help her to make up the picture side into a scrap page of what the baby's month was like. I figure that she can actually use the calendar side as she goes along, to write things in the date blocks like "first tooth", "Dr's visit", "first MMR shot", etc. I think maybe we would laminate the calendar after it's done. It could be a memory book and keepsake as well as a type of baby book.

Like I said, I've done calendars before, but I am relatively new to scrapping, and am wondering about the orientation of the page. Most 8x11 pages (the graphics on them) are oriented "portrait" but I want the calendar to be "landscape". Other than all plain backgrounds, any other helpful ideas? I have the DJ Inkers "Keepers" CD with computer artwork that I can use, but it's oreinted to portrait as well. I also have DogByte Creative Photo Album Deluxe software, there are some landscape orientations in it. TIA!!

Also any ideas about what I should include (things that are in baby books)?

Nelda

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor