SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niffy

Finished! White, Statuary, and Aqua Grantique

niffy
13 years ago

Egad, I think it is done - well except for the dinette chairs that are on a container somewhere in the Pacific, and the base moulding for the fridge/freezer. Done enough, anyway....

I owe GW a great debt for many things, but a special thanks to all the marble lovers out there whose kitchens convinced me to go for it. I almost became a Virginia Mist convert, too, until I happened upon this brushed Aqua Grantique which fulfilled all my soapstone/marble/but low maintenance fantasies.... Margieb2- if you are still around, thank you for your arch! We had the half walls/columns on our plans, and once I saw yours, I knew EXACTLY how ours needed to be trimmed. We owe you big time.

So details....

Cabinets: custom, antique white. Island is maple stained dark walnut with a dark glaze or something.

Hardware: Polished nickel pulls and knobs, through cab company

Island countertop: statuary marble, honed

Perimeter countertop: aqua grantique (a granitic gneiss, apparently) - brushed finish

Backsplash: statuary 12x12 cut down to subways, statuary herringbone, and cut statuary slab

Floors: Brazilian walnut

Walls: SW Silvermist

Chandeliers: Schonbek New Orleans mini

Appliances: 30" Gaggenau fridge/freezer columns, GE Monogram Advantium 240 oven, GE Monogram Convection single oven, Wolf 36" induction cooktop, Miele La Perla dishwasher, and GE Monogram microwave (in end of island)

Sinks: Rohl 30" and Kohler Irontones for prep

Faucets: Rohl Country in polished nickel (avoid the burgundy felt "protective" bags. They stain when wet - stain things like new white marble. Don't ask how I know. Bags. Are. Evil.)

Hood/cooktop wall:

Sink wall (well, part of it anyway):

Fridge/freezer wall:

Perspective on location of pantry/butler's pantry:

Breakfast room and Family room:

Breakfast room hutch:

Aqua Grantique Close-up:

Countertop and Backsplash:

Cooktop backsplash:

Built-in Pantry (across from butler's pantry cabinets/counter)

Comments (76)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996