SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahdecor_gw

repurposing rooms??????

sarahdecor
15 years ago

Hi,

We have been in our home a year. There are three bedrooms on the first floor and one bedroom upstairs ( along with a bathroom, closet and attic (cottagy cape style home around 2000 sq feet) We also have a large finished basement but DH is taking out a wall and putting new floors. This will take a while. We have a toddler who NEEDS a playroom. Basement won't be done soon b/c we are doing it ourselves. THere is a guest room on first floor and then the large room upstairs which the PO used as master suite. It needs new framing and a proper door b/c its a weird doorway with the closet sharing part of the framing we need to pay a handyman to do it for us. But it would make upstairs usuable for us as well as toddler. Problem is we are 1.5 hrs away from my family. THey like to each have own room and bed to sleep when they come every few weeks. Right now we have a double bed and a aerobed that is not comfortable. I REALLY want to have upstairs entrway framed and a door put on for a den or office and temp playroom. But then do I need to have a huge double bed for family? Ceilings are sloped but its big room. I want the home to work for us but feel pressured to keep two room free for family. I really want to get rid of double bed but hate to spend even more $$$ when we have carpet and door etc to pay for. I am SAHM so I spend a lot of time at home.

Any advice is appreciated

Comments (3)