SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaismom_gw

Does anyone have refrigerator that only opens 90degree?

14 years ago

I have sent my cabinet order in!

I knew the limitations and I thought I could live with 90 degree door opening refrigerator. Now, I am having second thoughts...

Does anyone have a refrigerator that only opens 90 degrees? How do you like it? Currently, the design calls for 3 inch scribe piece next to the door.

The wall is only 4 ft deep and it is there to run the main sewer stack and some wiring. Wiring will be easy enough to move, spatially, (but not monetarily!)

Right now, we live with the refrigerator door swinging away from the wall (opening toward counter) so it opens further than 90 deg. We had the door opening toward the wall, and we swapped it because it drove us nuts.

My husband made it seem as if moving the plumbing there to get rid of the wall would be nearly impossible. It turns out it may only cost couple thousand. (what is couple thousand when all cost is spiraling out of control!) We will have to open up the wall, get the plumber here for a definitive answer before designing the next section of the cabinets. It will be the best $200 ever spent to know what is possible and what is not.

I nixed the Nana wall at $5000. I said absolutely NO.

He wants the sky light enlarged at 10k or so. Again, I don't.

But, I want this plumbing moved so that I can open the refrigerator. It seems like it would be the best $2000 spent, much more sensible than Nana wall... He doesn't!

I am sure you all agree absolutely how to spend the $ with your lovely DH/DW.

Ugh! Just venting.

Comments (20)