SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misschocolatecake

Anyone have a Thermador integrated refrigerator next to a wall?

My current kitchen design has a 36" single door Thermador fridge with a wall to its right and a 24" pantry to its left, then the counter to the left of that. There is an island across from this. I could actually switch the placement of the fridge and pantry if I wanted to but I put the fridge next to the wall because I was worried that if it's closer to the island it would make getting around the person at the open fridge a little more difficult, perhaps necessitating going all the way around the island to get into the main part of the kitchen, between the island and run of cabinets.

I am well aware that I'll be in the fridge more often than the pantry and it makes more sense to have a counter landing by the fridge. I'm also now aware that the fridge being by a wall has the potential to be a nightmare.

The reason I'm asking Thermador owner opinions is due to that articulating hinge they've got. Will that prevent issues next to the wall? Or may I still have a problem piling out bins to clean if I can only open the single door 90 degrees? I really don't like the look of French doors and having to open two doors but it may fix all my problems to switch to that and put the fridge by the counter. Opinions??

Comments (10)