SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drjoann

Need Pix of Custom Hoods for 36' Range Plz

drjoann
13 years ago

I will have a 36" gas range with 4 burners (23K BTU) + grill. I'm getting a Prestige liner with a 1200 CFM remote blower on the roof. My appliance guy says that the 27" depth is crucial for the capture area, but it can be as little as 36" wide, and 42" would be good.

My cabinetmaker just sent me the 1st revision of the plans & he got the depth fixed, but he is insisting on 48" wide so that the corbels are in proportion. Without going into all of the details, the 48" hood is part of the reason that an opening from the kitchen into the keeping room which had been 12ft wide for a 13 1/2ft room has been closed down to ~8'-8". This is definitely not the look we were going for.

It is a white kitchen with stacked (10'ceilings) inset cabinets and recessed doors. Very simple traditional. I don't know what kind of corbels he is planning on, but if is means I have to have a 48" wide hood for a 36" range, I need some other options to present to him.

I would appreciate any pictures y'all could share with me. I'd like the hood to have some kind of shelf that I could put decorative plates on, but not a requirement. It needs to go all the way to the ceiling because I can't vent to an outside wall.

Thanks for the help - Jo Ann

Comments (15)