SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiamaria_gw

Italy wedding theme table scape - Ideas needed

tiamaria
14 years ago

My daughter is getting married. Although we have never visited Italy we know many people who have and marvel at the beauty.

DD has it in her head to decorate her wedding in an Old World Italian decor. I don't usually get stumped but I seem to be now.

Can this be done in a sophisticated way? Are there elements I can incorporate that will invoke the spirit of Italy?

What we have so far:

Color Scheme: Plums/pinks/peaches/lavender

Centerpieces will be in classical urns with an abundance of roses and other flowers. Maybe some fruit incorporated in the centerpieces.

Candelabras are readily available but maybe we should use European pillar candle holders instead?

The table linens can be either a damask that is the shade of periwinkle, or battenburg lace with a color underneath.

Anyone have any other suggestions for table decor that would help solidify this idea?

The ballroom is very beautiful. It's all floor to ceiling windows and there is beautiful fountain which can be viewed from the ballroom. The fountain is amazing with multiple levels and lion sculptures as well as shell motifs. Thus the inspiration for the theme. The interior has pairs of columns that float in the room that we are going to up light. We are also going to project a pattern of leaves on the ceiling to give a garden effect.

I think it's a good start but would love to hear other suggestions.

TM

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!