SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nic2011

lookining for a fabric to recover my DH recliner?

nic2011
10 years ago

Urghhhh yep you read that right ladies and gents! Ive never done this but I'm new to this forum and I sure could use some help. Ok we are building a custom build it's been a long road but anyways finally we close Monday 22nd and move July 27th! This build has taken us now 9 months long time(sick of this rental) anyways my DH has agreed new house new furniture except we have a dark chocolate leather couch we will keep(maybe) wink wink..BUT he will not part with his lazy boy recliner OMG its horrible, I hate it BUT if I want to keep my marriage thriving I really should let the man have his recliner right? So I was wondering what fabric should this be done in? Its in a soft feels like microfiber and I will say it is soft but so dingy looking looks like a tan but muted I think its ugly. He says no new recliner because you see my DH is 6'9 and slender and this recliner fits his long legs. So should I get another microfiber fabric? If so any online fabric stores you can recommend? I do want it in beige or brown tone I'm up for anything really.. Please help also Ill take pics of new family room and leather couch because I really need help with decorating and furniture and rugs etc...Im feeling very lost here, wish I had a decorators eye like most of you all here! Ok thanks again I can answer anything you shout out to me pls I'm desperate ha.

Oh the whole house is painted main house SW Accesible Beige, trim and built ins in family room and all cabinetry kitchen and bath cabinets SW Dover White, as well as plantation shutters throughout. I did have the back of the built ins painted SW Hardware, our master br, bath, and closet painted BM Mirage Gray (thks to suggestions here), and office and 3 bedrooms painted BM Bleeker beige, kinda blah but figured I can add pops of colors.. Sorry got off track lol I need a fabric for this horrid recliner first I think?

Thanks sorry this was long....

Comments (5)