SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesliew_gw

NEW roofing problems

lesliew
18 years ago

Now that we had the old roof(s) ripped off (five months ago) in order to put down ice shield and prevent backup into the house, we have two new problems. One, they did not wrap the edges of the roof as GAF recommends in areas where damming is prevalent, so we have accomplished nothing, and two, they put up defective roofing with a color problem, so that interspersed among the "rustic redwood" are lots of gray shingles. Roofer has disappeared on me, and Tamko's only solution is to swap those areas with shingles from a second floor roof, and says this would be as a "favor", since they do not warranty color. I was aware of the problem when the roofing went up, and asked the roofer about it, and his answer was "It's dirt". He knew from the beginning that there was a problem but did not want to waste time- just wanted the roof finished. There is too much gray to be able to switch shingles, and I'm not even happy about possibly having the roof compromised by this. Also, it doesn't solve the backup of water under the drip edge when snow melts. Who do I go after, here? Roofer, roofing company, both??? The current situation is not acceptable.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH