SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellykath_gw

12 ft. Ceilings

kellykath
14 years ago

TRK65 or someone else who has or has recently added a great room with 12 ft. ceilings. I am very nervous and in the building stages of my great room/kitchen. Kitchen has 10' ceilings with box beams - not worried about this area. A large 9 ft wide, archway transitions from the kitchen to a 12' ceiling into the great room. This large room will have two 1 1/2 deep tray/coves (with soft lighting)bring the perimeter around and bottom of tray at 10 1/2 ft. As there will be two, one cove area will be above dining the other above couch and fireplace area. As we are in the framing/roofing stages, I am scared and hoping I did not make a huge mistake making the ceiling too high. The entire room is 16 1/2 x 32 1/2 ft. Again, the room will be divided into two separately lit trays. I'm sick about the fact that this might look all wrong. Please help me with this or show me some pics to put my mind at ease. I have large windows with transomes on each side of fireplace and large pocket slider on adjacent wall so I do have plenty of light in the room. Thanking you in advance.

Comments (4)