SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

How much would you spend on a Roman Shade?

sue_ct
14 years ago

I went to JC Penny and left with some serious sticker shock. I didn't see anything I really liked in the books for the Roman shades, so I picked up a drapery fabric that had caught my eye and I thought was pretty, and figured what the heck, I'll find out how much. The price was for a single Roman Shade 38 1/2 W x 38" long. A polyester blend fabric with a simple vine pattern embroidered on it. I was told the cost was 650.00, and they had sale going on for 65% off custom orders. I felt it was a little pricey but was willing to consider it if I didn't see anything else I liked. Then I found out that the 650.00 WAS the sale price, and the original price was well over $1500.00. I looked at the fabric again, and noted that the fabric was a price group 21. I figured that must be it. I went and pulled a neutral solid in a texture that was a price group 6. That one would have been 550.00 on sale, still well over $1200.00 reg price. I would expect to pay 1500-2000.00 for a set of custom drapes, or to have a chair reupholstered, but one blind?

This is is not Rodeo drive, or an exclusive shop in NYC or anywhere else for that matter, this is JC Penny for cripes sake. Is this really what the going price is for a custom Roman shade in a fairly small size?

I may just be hopelessly out of date where prices are concerned. If so, I will have to take some time to adjust before I take the plunge, or head off the nearest decorator fabric source locally. I was hoping to be lazy on this and just buy it, but I do think I have a roll of the special tapes they put inside to thread the cord and make a Roman blind. I am sure I found it at a going out of business thing, was again surprised at the high price, but felt it was worth buying at 75% off and putting away. I could always fish it out. Ugh.

So are you all paying those kinds of prices? Jeez, I thought the 350.00 prices I was seeing online were high...

Sue

Comments (8)