SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloe5_gw

How do you make a room that is the color of an Easter Egg look...

chloe5
13 years ago

sophisticated?

Just shoot me and put me out of my misery. Yes, I'm the person looking for 'cheerful' colors, but I had this back bedroom I wanted to paint a pensive and thoughtful grey-blue-lavender. I chose BM Touch of Grey. Touch of Grey doesn't say anything about PINK or EASTER EGG. Why don't these paint colors come with warnings? WARNING: USE OF THIS COLOR WILL RESULT IN YOUR ROOM LOOKING LIKE A FREAKING EASTER EGG! You know something like that would help a lot.

Anyway, long story short, no time to really repaint so I'm stuck with it. It doesn't always look like an easter egg, sometimes it looks like the moody lavender it should, but then suddenly I see out of the corner of my eye a little white bunny laughing his butt off at me.

What bedding can I use to sophisticate up this room? My camera battery is dead so I can't post a picture tonight. It is a 11x13 bedroom with 8' ceilings and mahagony floors. Ace 'Honey White' trim which I also don't have time to alter.

I have a full size bed and oak furniture in the room. There is one large window and I currently have the bed under the window...it doesn't have a headbard. I was planning on using oodles of white sheers I have left over to make curtainy backdrop. I like French Country as a rule.

This is the piece of artwork that will play the major part of the room. Yeah, not so easy either, I know

http://www.feld.com/blog/home/feld/www/blog/images/pinkfloyd_small.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (24)