SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darrah

Sunroom Dilemma

darrah
12 years ago

We have a sunroom at the end of our kitchen. It is cold in the winter and hot in the summer.It was a sunroom kit shipped from Oregon over 25 years ago and added onto the end of our kitchen when we did our first kitchen remodel and is approximately 12 x 10. Other than using the room for displaying kitchen nicknacks and storing cookbooks and a place to put on or take off our shoes upon entering the house from the yard, it isn't used.

We plan on a kitchen remodel again within a few years. My fear is that the sunroom will eat into our budget of $40,000 by the time we replace all the windows with energy efficient ones, window coverings and new flooring (the existing tile has several cracks). The windows overhead are angled and definitely will need custom remote controlled shades. Maybe we should just tear down the room and put french doors at the end of the kitchen to give us some light as we have no windows in the kitchen as it is an inside room.

As I read over my message I am ready to just delete it as I feel there is no good answer to our problem but maybe someone can come up with a fresh point of view that I haven't considered.

Comments (5)