SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salijo_gw

Tiny Teena...my email to you was returned (Bobbin Babes)

salijo
15 years ago

I want to give you a heads up that your birthday block from me will most likely be late. I'm returning to quilting after almost 20 years and have been accumulating fabric for the past couple of months....but I haven't actually started any projects yet.

I've had an ongoing family situation/illness since this summer, but I joined the birthday swap anyway. I knew I would regret not joining later in the year. I also knew I might possibly have a problem with any early birthdays, but didn't know for sure what or how things would happen.

My 5-week old grandaughter passed away a few days ago after a very hard fight. We've known since the summer that she may not live, but she proved her (nationally recognized) doctors wrong at every turn...they've been quite amazed at her fortitude. It just proved to be too much for her little body to continue to fight. Obviously, I'm quite devastated.

I apologize in advance that your blocks will probably be late. I've already purchased fabric to make the block, but I imagine it may be at least few more weeks before I'm able to construct it.

Thank you for your understanding!

Sally (salijo)

Comments (2)