SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

A couple of good things, finally

sayde
13 years ago

I've been doing a fair amount of venting here, as we have had loads of problems. I was so buoyed by the responses -- it helps immeasurably, both to have the good wishes and to know that others have experienced similar travail.

But today we had a couple of good things, and as I promised a followup to some of the problems we were dealing with, I thought I would share:

First, the RH offset sink that was sent to replace the original LH sink is being replaced by Quality Bath, who has been great (as has Rohl). The new LH sink is being sent out tomorrow. Will third sink break the spell?

Second, I wrote a letter to the marble fabricator asking for restitution for the bad "honing" job (the marble is covered with rough raised areas and swipe marks--it is clear they used acid and did a bad job of it, rather than a sander) -- and for the cost of re- installation of the sink. I was surprised to get a check for the full amount I asked for, which is about 28% of the total cost of the job.

We still have a ways to go -- need to get the new sink in there (not a cinch with the cabinet and marble already in place) and we need to figure out how to correct the problems with the marble surface.

But I'm feeling better. Thanks again to everyone for all the support!

Comments (14)