SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

My 2011 Family Quilt Photos

quiltingfox
12 years ago

Here are photos of the quilts I drafted, designed and hand-quilted in 2011. The canning jar lap quilt I hand-appliqued for my mom. It took me 9 months to complete the hand-applique stitching and this was my first hand-applique project to ever do. I added lace under the lids of the jars per my mom's request. I am happy to say my mom really loves the quilt. And special thanks to dan_the_mailman and chrizty for the fabric they sent me for this project. And Dan I appreciate the "shelf" idea you gave me!

{{!gwi}}

I stitched some stencil designs on to each block using white thread on white background so it would not detract from the jars. I pre-washed all my fabric. I took these photos before washing the quilt after completion so you could see the stencil design.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Below is the sailboat baby quilt I made for my sister's baby in batik fabrics. I like how the blue batik fabrics gave motion to the quilt. I drafted, designed, and machine-appliqued the blocks for this quilt and then hand-quilted the whole quilt. I am happy to say my sister loves the quilt.

{{!gwi}}

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year! Now am off to quilt. :-)

Best to you,

Sandra

Comments (13)