SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrs11_gw

Asphalt driveway

JRS11
11 years ago

I originally though I would tag onto another thread but realize I may get little notice that way. My home is 53 years old, not sure how old the driveway is, it was not done right, the blacktop is too thin, the garage concrete is as well but that I will patch...so here goes.

I am now in the process of trying to get quotes (off season) for a driveway (asphalt). So far the 2 quotes I have gotten are over $1000 apart, one wants to use 6-10inch base the other 8-10inch, one wants to use 3 inches of asphalt (does not specify about a base layer of asphalt over the stones) the other a 1 1/2 inch base layer and a 1 inch finish layer. I don't know if it is best to use a bast layer (recycled material) then a finish layer of just go with a finish layer all the way though. One wants to wait 2 weeks after laying the base, the other wants to do the job all in one day. Think I am confused? I am trying to get more quotes but this being January and the work cannot take place of tearing the driveway up till end of March early April here in the Northeast I suspect most of these buys are just kicking back.

Comments (4)