SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aokat15_gw

space around windows - where to start cabinets

aokat15
14 years ago

Hi all - I think I'm getting myself all worked up over the tiniest details, but I want to make sure that we have enough room next to our windows/doors for our cabinetry. How much room do you have between your windows and upper cabinets? With and without trim? Do you have space in between the trim and the cabinets or do you just have it butting up against each other? For example, I will have a 5 foot span of windows over my sink - I don't have the trim specs, but should I have 60inches+trim+? before the upper cabinets? Would 72 inches be enough? Should I bring them in closer?

This is also an issue for where our cabinetry should end on the sink wall as there is a french door going out to the terrace at the end of that stretch. The door will be 12.5 feet from the corner. I have to follow-up with my architect, but I'm assuming that is without trim. Can we go out to 11.5 or 12 feet or should we stop shorter than that? Thanks so much for your thoughts and if you have anything similar in your kitchen I'd love to see pics!

Comments (8)