SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaca_gw

needed advice on bad drywall repair job

lisaca
17 years ago

We recently had damage done to our celing due to water damage from the upstairs bathroom. The area removed was a 4 by 4 section that needed to be repaired. The company we used repaired patch only, retextured damaged area, primed damaged area and painted entire ceiling. The contracted work was supposed to be texture, prime and paint the whole ceiling. They did not but assured me that the texture would blend after it was sponged which supposedly would make it smoother and said they would credit me the difference which was only 100 dollars. My instincts told me no but I let them sway me because he was so confident. It did not turn out good. It pretty much looks like a 1,600 dollar patch job. So my question is what process now should be done for this to look right? The new area is a lot more texture and looks splotchy. I don't know if another coat of paint was needed? They did a coat of primer and two coats of paint on new area in a little over two hours. Shouldn't there be drying time in between? Should the new area be sanded and repainted or should they retexture whole ceiling? Does a mud need to be applied over existing texture before retexture? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks lisa

Comments (7)