SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammiandfargo

My first two quilts!

sammiandfargo
15 years ago

I started quilting last year and finally finished a quilt for my bed. I had a really old quilt that was made by a relative. It was so old that the pieces of the quilt were tearing. I love that quilt and so I had to make one to replace it. It took about a year to finish my quilt. It has mistakes and not everything meets perfectly, but I'm proud of it.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

After I finished my first quilt this fall I was bored and wanted to make another quilt, so I made a small one for my cat. I am going to quilt it and then stuff it so it thick like a bed.

I couldn't find a pawprint pattern so I had to make one. I wish I would have used black thread on the pawprints, the white threads show through a little in the seams. The piece were really tiny, there's 126 pieces in each pawprint.

Should it have a border around the outside? The back of the quilt is going to be pink. Would the black cloth look alright if I used it for the binding?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

What do you think, did I do ok?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the pawprint one is finished, I did get 10 quilting books from the library though!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!