SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetorenovate_gw

curb appeal cottage - here's my progress so far

lovetorenovate
14 years ago

thanks for all the great ideas on making my little white cottage much cuter. so, it's just been 2 days - but i like to do everything in a hurry (character flaw maybe)... here's where I am so far. And to be perfectly honest - the entire house is not painted yet - just a couple sides....and I haven't done the little entry porch ceiling in sky blue yet - or the little gable above the entry (in olive), and I have house numbers on order - white on black in an oval shape that will go in the little gable. Since I'm renting this out for a year - I need it done enough in front to get some pictures done asap. I can finish the other sides over the next few weeks.

as of this afternoon (the black plastic under the windows was to catch drips of black paint from the sashes):

the front door with new lock set - planning to add a matching knocker - just wasn't handy when I was there this afternoon to install:

and the before pic - in case you didn't read the prior post:

I'm excited - love how it looks so far. I have so much landscaping to do still - mostly this fall - it'll die if I plant now and then get renters in here. I love the trellis idea flanking to the lonely window on the left side. I have so much ivy around it'll gladly run up my trelles.

thanks again! i'll post again when i've got more to show off :-)

Comments (45)