SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20154839

Three choices for the last wall of my layout (pic heavy)

User
14 years ago

I have a general layout for my kitchen.

{{!gwi}}

The one part that I have left to figure out is the bottom wall in the above picture. The first option, above, puts a pantry cabinet in the corner, and a counter-depth side-by-side fridge in the middle of the open space between the L and the island for easy access.

Advantages: More access room in front of fridge and bigger fridge than current kitchen. Disadvantages: Smaller pantry than my current kitchen.

Option 2: I can try to make up for the smaller pantry by putting another pantry cabinet on the other side of the fridge.

{{!gwi}}

This looks a bit like a too-many-cabinet wall in the respective elevations, but may be OK if the cabinets are not too dark?

Option 1:

{{!gwi}}

Option 2:

{{!gwi}}

Finally, there is option 3, which is to leave my existing pantry and fridge space in place. The big disadvantage of this is that I would be stuck with my existing size and type of fridge. I can't imagine putting a side-by-side in that corner. A left-hinged top-mount fridge wouldn't require me to "step aside" to access the fridge.

The main advantage is that it's the budget-friendly option as I don't have to rip-out the pantry (would still replace the doors to match new cabs) and the simpler appliance is cheaper as well. The fridge would have landing space that it doesn't have at the moment, both on the counter directly in front, and the island off to the diagonal-front.

Option 3 floor plan:

{{!gwi}}

Option 3 elevation:

{{!gwi}}

Option 3 doesn't excite me much, but it is practical when I consider the other things I want to do with a roughly 30K budget for this project.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert