SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

And now for something totally different!

teresa_nc7
14 years ago

Did I mention that I am learning to weave? This is something I have wanted to do for years and finally decided to mark it off my "bucket list."

My first woven scarf - yarns provided by the Cricket loom kit made in the USA by Schacht. A wonderful loom to get started weaving! Very easy to use, warping takes only an hour or less, not days. Lots of fun to do! Great for children too! Hope my edges will improve with practice.

{{!gwi}}

Second scarf - made for me, using sock yarn called Happy Feet; very soft, not too thick, warm and cozy. I think I am improving!

{{!gwi}}

Project now on the Cricket - scarf for my mom; tricky yarns, beautiful, but not easy to work with; I had my doubts about this one, but I think it will be pretty! You learn from each project you weave....I hope!

{{!gwi}}

Some of your wonky edges, etc. are less visible when you wet finish (wash, dry flat and block if needed) your woven projects. Oh.....and did I mention how fast it is too weave? Really quick! I can warp, weave, and finish a scarf in about 6-8 hours, or over two to three weaving sessions in the evening after work and supper! Much faster than knitting from what I am told - I do not knit myself.

Now I'm just biding my time and saving my money until I can get a bigger Schacht Flip loom so I can weave placemats and kitchen towels, wider shawls, etc.

Am I having fun yet? You bet!

Teresa

Comments (15)