SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bopfletch

vent liner help needed fast please

bopfletch
14 years ago

Folks, start off with saying big fan of site - long time reader first time poster.

In the middle of kitchen remodel and hit a major issue with Ventilation Liner. We are custom making a wood hood. The design is one where after a 8" "skirt" the sides and front taper up to a chimney. I am sure many of you have seen ones like this before.

Was planning on using an Independent Inc liner with 1200 CFM internal blower.. etc. Well after weeks of waiting for delivery we find out that apparently Independent went out of business, or lost all their dealers, or some such issue. Bottom line we cant get a liner from them. I need a liner in 1 week or less and need help on options.

I looked at a Best Broan PIK, but the issue is that it has straight sides, as opposed to tapered sides. I guess my fall back is to get a Vent-a-hood, but really, really do not want to. It only has a 600 CFM in a 36" size, and I read nothing but bad things about it.

Who makes a decent liner in a 36" (give or take a couple inches) with tapered sides and at least 800 CFM?

Thanks

Comments (2)