SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Furniture Arrangement - need help fast! please

User
16 years ago

furniture came yesterday *yay!*

need some help with arrangement. some of you guys are amazing with this stuff.

i only have a sofa and loveseat right now. and a huge entertainment stand. new house with new appliances and new furniture and new other things = no end tables, coffee table or third chair for awhile.

Here's the facts

room is 15' x 18'.

sofa is 8.5' long

loveseat is 6.5' long

entainment stand is 100" wide

each side piece is 18.5" deep

middle section is 30" deep

height is i think 7'

my ceilings are 8'

didn't think of size and balance when i bought all this stuff. i liked it all so much, in my mind it was going to work!

DH tore his peck muscle completely to the bone last week and is having surgery the 24th. So he's not going to be much help moving all this around. The other people that are helping aren't going to be real into moving this stuff back and forth until i make up my mind. :)

The room also has two openings. one from the foyer/hallyway to LR. the other from kithen to LR. each opening is 40" wide. so that eats up part of the wall.

DH thinks the entertainment stand will look the best diagonal. I think it's going to take up too much of the living room and make it look smaller. He's pretty determined about this.

Measuring..the entertainment stand could fit on the largest, plain wall when you walk in the room. or the wall to the left of that wall or the wall to the right when you walk in. it would 'just fit' on those walls.

Here's some pics...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

here's how DH wants the stand. that's how wide. now picture it projecting out...

{{!gwi}}

i even considering just using the middle piece and taking the two side pieces, putting them together and situating a vine on top so you couldn't tell they don't fit like that and sticking it on another wall ..just for the sake of balance and DH was really against that one. i would have to see it

I need some help fast! sorry this is so long but it's hard to explain it all in few words. thanks in advance!

Comments (9)