SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southernstitcher

Cultured marble install price help needed

southernstitcher
10 years ago

$1800 for Bathroom one, and $1900 for bathroom two. Tear out is $175 each. I thought that was too high, and started looking elsewhere.

The local cultured marble shop (in business 30 years) has recently quoted half that, and is asking if the contractor will work with them, since he's removing a window in one bath and replacing it with glass block. She wants to coordinate this with him, but he won't. He says he is not charging a contractor fee, among other reasons. He's given me fair quotes on other things - removing popcorn ceiling and painting - carpet install, etc. He's starting on that part next week and the CM install won't happen till after that, so I still have time to scratch it.

In the other bath, he has to replace the sheetrock, skim and paint. I was thinking I'd just let him do that and then let her come to do the CM. Local CM lady said no big deal they replace CM all the time, and no damage to the sheetrock.

Does anyone see a problem with having him put the glass block in, and then let the local shop do the CM install? I guess there could be finger pointing later if I have a leak. Is his price outrageous? I live in La. Thanks for any input.

Thanks for any input!

Comments (9)