SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! We have a Winner in the bathroom!

12 years ago

All I can say to myself is "I told you so".

I decided that due to the cavelike possibilities, I just couldn't do the dark color in that room. I am not afraid of dark colors, my dining room is dark brown and well, you know about my ceiling, and the family room wall, etc.

Who knows, maybe that purple will be on the dining room wall before you know it..

So, this is how it all went down. I stopped at the BM store that carries the little tiny 2oz samples on the way home today. I picked up Feather Gray, Nantucket Gray and Wisteria. All quite lovely. And I went and got out my sample of BM Nimbus. As I was letting them dry, I heard the Nimbus whisper to the others, "it's on".

Here are some photos, very hard to capture the colors with my iPhone, and at that time of day.

then I moved them next to the door:

Notice, there were eliminations already being made

How about next to the tub? That's a sample of the "nightmare" known as Constellation taped in the middle of the shower, just for comparison

Well, it looked like Wisteria and Nantucket gray had to go. If Constellation was too overwhelming in this space then what would happen if they were chosen,

The Final Two

Nimbus vs Feather Gray

Nimbus (on left) has warmer undertones, he is playing very nicely with the floor:

The winner of the 2011 Beekeeperswife's Upstairs Flooded Hallway Bath Paint Color is

Nimbus.

Same paint strip as everywhere else. Seriously.

Here he is with his new friends, the floor, the drawer front, the hardware and the new fauctet.

and another pose:

Maybe I'll liven it up and paint the ceiling a pale blue. Whaddya think about Constellation? lol

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus