SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rookie_2010

pics starting over behind the range, tile guy is mia.....

14 years ago

Hello all,

I could use some help with the behind the range area of my backsplash. I had a plan in mind and materials chosen but our tile guy/stone fabricator just stopped showing up. DH is driving to his shop right now with an A frame trailer to see about rescuing the 1/2 slab of marble that this guy was supposed to be using to finish our bathroom and kitchen. I have my fingers crossed about the slab and scored a new tile installer and fabricator to start next week.

So, I get a fresh start on the behind the range backsplash area. My plan was to do a very wide (18in wide on sides) marble picture frame with more mosaic squares set in the center, maybe on a diagonal. It was to be cut from my remnants. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get my remnants from this guy so I'm exploring other options. Plus, maybe that idea was leaning toward formal again? My kitchen issues have exhausted me at times, the whole space was supposed to be much more casual but somehow took a turn for the formal during the install. I really planned on my next big picture post to be of a finished kitchen but it's not to be.....

In the below pictures, please ignore the corbels, I have the ones I actually ordered (very plain style) but haven't installed them yet. I have since had lighting installed, other than that, nothing. Appliances are back ordered. Fabricator walked without drilling sink holes. If it helps, I ordered RH Gilmore bin pulls and knobs in satin nickel. My faucets are also SN.

I could use some weighing in, what would you all do with this behind the range area????? The rest of the backsplash is calacatta honed 3/4X3/4 square mosaic.

Thank you in advance for any ideas! And sorry for posting these same old pics again...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)