SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayme_gw

Christmas package arrived

mayme
16 years ago

I received my box today. It was filled with goodies from Vicky 4x4. I got the cutest paper pieced teapot. She did it in blue and yellows. Very nicely done. There was thread, fabric, 12 little flower teapots and Dove dark chocolate! Thank you Vicky.

Comments (32)

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I'm so glad you like the teapot. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Vic

• new2quilting
    16 years ago

Mine arrived today from ColleenNY. It was the best smelling package I've ever received and the scented hotpads were beautiful with a snowflake motif (do you have an embroidery machine?) She also sent a pedicure kit and the fluffiest socks ever! They look so comfy! Thanks. --Amy

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

I wanna see the tea pots!!!!!! PICS???

• mayme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't know how to download just one picture
    from my camera. Sorry. The little teapots are not really teapots but little flowers made to look like teapots. I'm sorry I don't think I'm describing them very well.
    Mayme

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

My package came yesterday. I just got to taking a picture of it:

Thank you Mayme!
    Vicky

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

A picture of Mayme's Little Teapot, I didn't take one of the mini teapots:

• grammyp
    16 years ago

My lovely package arrived today. Thank you so much Lynette. I am glad to say the buckeyes arrived in great shape, had to taste them just to be sure. I appreciate the extra potholders, but the ones you made were just great. Here is a pic of my package. The reindeer didn't make it into the picture, he was abducted by my grandsons. The smores fabric is just perfect, where on earth did you find it?

{{!gwi}}

beverly

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

I found the smores fabric at a LQS. It was the ONLY food fabric they had. After seeing the other post of your beautiful potholders I was a bit embarrassed to send mine. I don't know why I have such a problem with binding. I hope you enjoy everything:)

Lynette

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Binding is still a problem with me. I can manage small items, but larger ones are difficult. The buckeyes are especially good, thanks again.

beverly

• marty_mo
    16 years ago

My package arrive today from Amazingcm. I received a tote bag with matching key chain with my name embroidered on it, an "I Love Quilting" key chain and a quilt pattern. Perfect gift, I love tote bags and carry one to work every day. Thanks Grace!!!

Marty

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

I thought mine would have arrived by now. I forgot to get the delivery confirmation and now I'm starting to get worried. I hope it just the weather.

Looks like there are quite a few still waiting so maybe it is weather related.

Lynette

• dragongoddess
    16 years ago

Lyndawn, I just popped my to say mine got here, I love it! One of the frames didn't make the trip (the one on the bottom) but it is easily fixable as it came apart on a seam. They are so beautiful, and everybody loved the buckeyes (there are more in the fridge chilling as they only let me have one or two) My partners gift should get there asap, I had to take it home sat. Apparently in this day of security, you have to tell them (before you seal it) if you have ccokies with powdered sugar, or they will freak out. So the tin was double wrapped in plastic first. I hope my partner likes it.

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

I'm sorry the frame didn't make it:( I'm glad you like it though. I thought I had wrapped them up enough. Enjoy the buckeyes. Those are one of my favorites.

Lynette

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Received mine today from Marian will post a pic later Thank You Marian!
    Red

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

My package arrived also. It was a lovely hand-quilted table runner from Suellen in Utah, plus some local goodies. I just love it and the workmanship is wonderful. Thank you so much, Suellen. Separate note coming.

Linda

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

I received my Christmas package from Sue (polardream)!

Thank you Sue. You filled my package with some beautiful fabrics, cards and wonderfully sinful Dove chocolates.
    But best gift of all is the Christmas tablerunner you made.

Girls, you wouldn't believe how beautiful it is. She even quilted it with gold metalic thread which matches the metalic gold in the fabric that the blocks are made from.
    I love it so much and am so pleased that you took the time to make it for me.

Thank you!!
    doris

Here's pictures:

This is everything in the package:

Here's the table runner:

This is the center block:

The end blocks:

And the back:

I really do love it!

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

What a wonderful collection of Christmas Joy!! It has been a pleasure just looking at all the marvelous gifts that everyone has shared. Jayne

• redpenny
    16 years ago

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
    Here are the pics of what I received I posted a front and back of the tote I also got candy but my son claimed that real quick!
    Thanks Marian.
    Hugs,
    Red

• oliverp
    16 years ago

Just wanted to let you know I received mine today from Red. I don't normally open any presents until Christmas Day but as everyone else was opening there's and sharing the pictures I thought I should do the same. Thanks very much Red, it's lovely. There is a beautiful table centre which I shall use on Christmas Day along with a couple I've recently made for myself, plus a lovely little kit for a needlework glasses case, a very useful clip and a FQ. Thank you so much, isn't it fun?

I've taken a picture ready to post but it's such a long time since I've posted any pictures on this site that I've forgotten how to bring it into the discussion part. I will post it into the gallery in a moment but could someone please remind me how to bring it over here please?

Many thanks, Marian

• redpenny
    16 years ago

link

Here is a link that might be useful:

• polardream
    16 years ago

I received my package from Doris (ddavisgray)and it is great!
    Doris made the most beautiful laptop bag and used her embroidery machine to embellish the front flap as well as the strap. It is so pretty!

{{!gwi}}

She also included yummy twizzlers, fun fabrics and great scrapbooking paper! VERY THOUGHTFUL!!!

{{!gwi}}

Thank you again. It is a wonderful Christmas treasure.
    Sue

• patti60
    16 years ago

thought my pkg would have arrived by now i show it on delivery comformation as del. haven't recieved mine as yet but watching the mail.

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

I might be wrong, but I thought there were 18 people in the swap. Only 10 have recieved their packages. Were there more people that were late sending out?

Lynette

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Received
    1.mayme
    2.vicky4x4
    3.grammyp
    4.marty_mo
    5.redpenny
    6.oliverp
    7.toolgranny
    8.ddavisgray
    9.polardream

I have 9 received?
    Red

• patti60
    16 years ago

makes me feel bad, i show the package i sent as delivered. but not one word from the party i sent to. even if you haven't sent your's let the other party know you got your's. where are those 9 people.

• new2quilting
    16 years ago

I received mine from ColleenNY, and she received the one I sent her. --Amy

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I'm sorry I haven't posted. It really sucks not having access to the internet. I told my husband it was another good reason to get me a lap top. He has been sick and was referred to the Mayo Clinic in AZ. They say he needs a pacemaker. We want to get it done before the end of the year because he has made his out or pocket and the insurance will have to pay 100%. It is good to finally have an answer.

Now for the fun part:

Toolgranny, I did get your gifts and had to chuckle because we had each other. I got some beautiful placemats. They are the perfect color. I have maroon thru my house. I also got some truffles my favorite, legumes to make pea soup which will be good it is 11:52am and 26 degrees and sewing machine needles never can have too many. Thank you!

The place mats are reversible:
    {{!gwi}}

I hope you can see the lovely Quilting that she put on them:
    {{!gwi}}

I hope I don't have to go without internet again or that Santa brings me a laptop.
    Suellen

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

Welcome back. I'm glad you liked them. I made backs a color you use so you could reverse them. Sending e-mail privately as well.
    Linda

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

Just received my package today. Thanks so much Becky! Don't feel bad about it being late; it happens. I just worry about packages because I have had some experiences with them not making it.

I love the little blanket (my boys have already claimed it for now, but I'll get it back...LOL) The cookies were so good. They won't last long. My dad started getting into my candy as soon as I opened it (it was delivered to his house next door).

I have to admit, I was a little confused as I was looking at all the things in the box. I couldn't figure out why you would send those things. Then I found the card in the bottom. That explained it all...LOL I love the fabric. Definately my kind of fabric..hehe

This may sound bad, but I'm glad you tried a bag before me. I never would have known what would help me out..LOL Now I have all the good stuff before I screw mine up..LOL
    I probably won't have time to make one for a few weeks, but it just gives me time to find just the right pattern.

I'll post a pic as soon as I can. It just takes forever to upload photos with dial up.

Thanks again, I love it all.

Lynette

• dragongoddess
    16 years ago

I'm really glad you liked it. I'm going to try another bag soon now that I know what I'm doing. That was also my first fleece/rag quilt. I wanted something cozy, and not knowing how old your kids are, something pretty durable you could use without worrying about it getting messed up.

I should have put the card on TOP to explain things, sorry. I waited till the Joann after thankgiving 6 am doorbuster to get your stuff, which is how I got so much, as notions/bag making supplies were 75% off.

I'm so glad it got there and that you like it. I was starting to worry as the one I mailed to New Orleans made it there last Thursday! This one went a lot slower.

• lyndawn
    16 years ago

I actually thought is was funny that the card was on the bottom:) It seems like a joke I would pull on someone...LOL I wish I didn't have so many other things to get done or I would be starting on a bag now. I have a couple books with patterns, but I haven't picked a favorite yet.

Thanks again. I hope the frame went back together well on the one I sent you. I was really upset that it didn't make it. I wanted to wrap it more but it wouldn't fit in the box and our P.O. didn't have anything bigger.

Thanks again.

Lynette

• patti60
    16 years ago

i have been in the hospital this past week, been quite sick with a bad ulcer. there were 3 holes in my stomack came home today and started cemo couple weeks ago from breast cancer. but my spirts are up. but no pkg for me yet and no word on the one i sent.