SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malhgold_gw

Torn Between Two Layouts

malhgold
16 years ago

So...I'm getting really close to finalizing a layout(I promise). I have 2 spots under consideration for the frig/freezer(Thermador Columns-both 24")and I can't seem to make a decision. They will either be as shown in the layout below or over in the snack area just south of the DR door. I couldn't fit the whole snack area space when I scanned. The snack area is 8 ft. long. There are 3 sections of 30" uppers and lowers planned. There will also be frig drawers in the island if that helps with making a decision. Here are the pros and cons of each:

1) Frig/freezer in area shown on layout below.

Pros: -Nice wall of cabinets look.

-Place for advantium near frig/freezer

-storage for glasses

-frig/freezer columns actually a "cool look" that would be nice to see when you walk into the kitchen.

-convenient to cooking zone.

Cons:-toaster oven over by snack area, (unless you can find another spot for it). I'm envisioning for breakfast/lunch making is opening frig/freezer, taking stuff out, putting on island, closing door, picking

items up and moving them over to the toaster. Making stuff

and bringing stuff back to put away in the frig/freezer. Maybe I'm overthinking this? I guess all that would go over to the snack counter is the bread for the toaster and then all other "putting food together" would be done on the island?

2) Frig/freezer in snack area. I would make the current frig/freezer space a section of uppers and lowers instead.

Pros: -nice piece of real estate on short wall for tasks that don't require "cooking".

-Could put toaster oven and coffee maker there.

-plenty of cabinet space for glasses/dishes other storage

Cons: - need to find another location for advantium(possibly in hutch to the left of the range)

-snack area open space is now only 3 1/2 feet.

-visually it MAY not be the most appealing to see the side wall of the frig right when you walk in the kitchen from the foyer. I may be overstating this. I don't know that anyone who walks in is going to immediately turn their head to the right. It's not like it's slapping them in the face.

In a nutshell, it boils down to where do I want the open counter space, because that is what I'm swapping. It's either over in the main area if the frig is in the snack area or the open counter is in the snack area if the frig is in the main kitchen.

So it's where do I want the function and how do I want the form to look? Thanks for helping!!!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville