SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

My 'radiator cover' solution

Sueb20
11 years ago

We have these bulky radiators throughout most of our house. Most of them have custom wood covers, and this one did, too. However, it was a dark oak color, and we had to replace our one living room window (actually 3 windows), and to make a long story short, the new window trim totally clashed with the wood of the radiator cover. Some people wouldn't care, but it made me a little crazy. So I took it off, and realized how much larger it was than the radiator -- that side of the room felt so much more "open" without the big wood radiator cover! But I couldn't have just a nekkid radiator, so I did some measuring and hunting, and found a shelf from Ballard Designs that seemed like it would work! I ordered it, crossed my fingers, and yes! The size was right!

Here it is; DH is going to install the brackets which are fairly chunky and will fill that space a bit on either end. We have several black accents in the room, and the roman shades that are being installed soon also have a bit of black in them, so I think the black works.

Do you think this is a neat idea, or weird?

Comments (13)