SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sewsew_quiltr

will trade for sign language letters

sewsew_quiltr
16 years ago

I recently fell off my fabric diet and purchased a piece of fabric with sign language letters. I thought it would be perfect to use for the name labels on the I-Spy quilt projects that I'm making for my nieces and a neighbor.

Each square is about 3" with a bright simulated batik background, and has one disembodied white hand forming a sign language letter (with the letter written on the cuff). I bought the orange/purple colorway of this fabric, it also comes in a blue/green/purple colorway. One full repeat of the design was about 5/8 of a yard. I should have thought ahead and bought a bit more to get a few extra vowels.

So I prewashed and pressed, and then snipped apart the letters I needed to spell each child's name. Thankfully I was able to complete a full first name for each of my two nieces: "Emily" and "Zelia". I was also able to set "2007" and "2008"

For the neighbor's kid, my new little seven-year-old quilting buddy, I have just enough to spell out her name: either "Persephone" or her nickname "Sephie". Lotsa "E"s either way. And this kid goes by her full name most of the time.

Without buying more yardage, I would like to gather more fabric letters so that we can spell out these names. I'm especially looking for the letter "P", will take any of "Z" that you've got, and any "E"s would be appreciated.

I have other letters, or LOTSA fun I-Spy squares to trade. Will TRIPLE-TRADE for the letter "E"! Contact me by email, let's swap!

Comments (14)