SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frazoo_gw

I'll check in next week....

frazoo
14 years ago

My last post was about "my parents' situation". We've been very busy taking care of things for them. Dad is in a facility in my DB's town and tomorrow DH & I pick up Mom at her nursing home and drive her to the new place where she and Dad can be together and DB can oversee things as he has PoA, etc. It's a 4-5 hour drive and we have no idea how well Mom will travel. Dad's Alzheimer's came on very quickly whereas Mom's was agonizingly slow over years.

Also, DH & I are moving after living here for 31 years. The contract, closing and possession dates of our home is next week. We've been looking at houses in the other town for a while now and we'll need to make a decision soon. We're moving to DD's town and DH will have work opportunities there. We'll still be an hour away from our DS and family, so that's good.

So, we've made lots of road trips in the last few weeks and hopefully once we get Mom to Dad's place we can concentrate on our own move. Soon, we sibs will have to start going through our parents' stuff and make decisions about their house and belongings.

I have too many things going on in my head and keep having "brain farts"....or is it that Old Woman who is sabotaging me??? :)

Leslie/KS

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths