SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
isixpacku

Does a banquette work in my space? Other layout feedback?

isixpacku
10 years ago

We are working on finalizing our kitchen plans and one thing we thought we wanted was a banquette so that we could have more seating in our kitchen. We are a family of six (kids 17, 5, 3, 10 months) and we regularly have 1-2 guests over for dinner. Right now the baby is in a separate high chair and we pull up an extra chair to the table when my parents come over for dinner. This solution won't work for long and with the size of our breakfast room it is hard to fit a table that seats more than six.

Our KD drew up a banquette to fit in our space. However, I was looking at the drawing in more detail and I don't think it really works. The angled part is only 16" long. It seems like you could maybe only comfortable seat 3 people at the banquette part (1 on each angled side and 1 on the long section) and 4 people in chairs at the table but even that seems like it might be tight.

Do you have any suggestions on how to improve this design? Should we just forgo the banquette?

Does anyone have any other layout feedback to share? On the seating side of the island is the family room, the door next to the refrigerator goes to the formal dining room, and the opening between the cabinets near the other door goes to the garage/pantry/laundry room.

I am planning on a 48" signature series Rachiele sink with the trash pull out below it on the left. The dishwasher is to the right of the sink.

Thanks for any insight.

This post was edited by isixpacku on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 21:12

Comments (6)