SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparklingwater_gw

Would you consider the new GE CD Cafe refrigerator?

SparklingWater
11 years ago

I have a 36" w x 27" d x 72" h refrigerator space in which I wish to put a new CD refrigerator with our remodel.

Have any of you looked at the brochure/specs or video's for the newly available GE Cafe Series CYE23TSDSS 23.1 cu ft French Door refrigerator? I've linked it below.

I like it's new features, wonder if the featured hot water might work for our morning (we still grind, filter and drip into the cup) if it's hot enough. I like the twin evaporator, the multiple filters, the led light, the door bin layout and the freezer. At 31" depth due to stainless doors and sides of doors, the refrigerator will stand out of my 27" paneled box, thus actually easing the problem I have with an adjacent stair rail that curves starting at 29" away from the adjacent wall.

I've never owned a GE refrigerator. Any thoughts on them-I hear they are truly trying to address past QA issues with their huge new appliance investment. Do you think their customer service is good? I've called Viking, FisherPaykel, Jenn Air and KA and didn't find CS so accommodating. Maybe I'm picky though.

My other option is a Jenn Air CD which I've seen in person many times. It wasn't in great shape at Sears on Friday (bottom vent broken, french door seal broken), but then it was the floor model. Still, it's considered higher end.

Thanks for any thoughts about this.

Comments (13)