nicole___gw

Inside your house picture of the day, Monday June 7

nicole__
13 years ago

DH & I made the headboard

Comments (42)

• bigack
    13 years ago

Beautiful! They look sharp, be careful, lol.

• nicole__
    Original Author
    13 years ago

bigack.....post a picture of something in "YOUR" house. Don't critique mine.....

Oakleyoak.....this could be a potential problem with a thread like this....

• casey_nfld
    13 years ago

Wow Nicole, no need to get defensive.

• casey_nfld
    13 years ago

• Oakley
    13 years ago

Nicole, that is beautiful! It will definitely be a family heirloom!

Here's my new kitchen. Now I realize the floor isn't everyone's cup of tea. lol

• Jodi_SoCal
    13 years ago

Entrance to our home.

Jodi-

• lydia1959
    13 years ago

People are going to 'critique' and 'comment'... they do it on the POTD thread too. Why shouldn't they? Comments are welcome on my pictures. :-)

I want Oakleyok's kitchen and Jodi's floor! Beautiful!

My laundry room shelf made with a defective piece of a bookcase and occupied by old canning jars that I took from someone's recycling bin.

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

Nicole - how did you make the bed? Is this a business that you have or just a do-it-yourself project? It looks great.

And I agree that Jodi's floor is beautiful and the entry is very welcoming.

Oakley - I like your floor - are the tiles red or burgundy? I can see that they match the accent wall tiles. Are are your cabinets white or cream? Sorry for all the questions - I'm not sure my monitor is showing color correctly.

• ronm80
    13 years ago

All beautiful rooms. Oakleyok, I love everything in your kitchen. This is a portrait of oldest DD, can't remember how old she was.

• ont_gal
    13 years ago

very nice everyone

• wanda_va
    13 years ago

Oakleyok, I want your kitchen!!! It's gorgeous.

Our dining room
    {{!gwi}}
    The server
    {{!gwi}}

• angelaid
    13 years ago

Have no idea how that little bit of humor could be misconstrued as a "critique" ... *shrugs shoulders*

Yes, Virginia, there is a tree in the middle of my living room. It outgrew the window. Some friends brought it to MIL when she was in the hospital dying of cancer 27 years ago. We just can't part with it but don't know what the heck to do with the darn thing. LOL

• Oakley
    13 years ago

LOL, Angel! You can always prune it, it won't hurt it at all. You can shorten it and make it narrower and put it next to your fireplace.

My kitchen floor is kind of a rust color, but the difference between it and the backsplash makes the colors similar.

The cabinets are kind of a light cream color.

I have to say though, going from a teeny, tiny and cramped kitchen, this new one is hard to keep clean, believe it or not!

• bigack
    13 years ago

This is me and the dogs in our computer room. Feel free to critique it. We all have a habit of teasing each other here at the KT. I even have my laundry on the sofa behind me!

• Toni S
    13 years ago

Now that's the life Bigack! I really enjoy all the pics.

(I hope that's ok to say Nicole. Sorry if it pisses you off. I think)

• dlg421
    13 years ago

Nice pictures everyone. Jodi what type of wood flooring is in your entry? It is beautiful!

• Jodi_SoCal
    13 years ago

Dlg421, the flooring is 7" wide plank Coique (aka Chilean Cherry) with chocolate glaze from the Victoria Floors Antique Collection.

Jodi-

• oldgardener_2009
    13 years ago

Love that floor too!

Here's my desk, where I spend most of my time:

• sleeperblues
    13 years ago

I, too, love your floor Jodi. It looks so smooth and the color is rich and lustrous.

• jen_tx
    13 years ago

Great pictures everyone! I love to get a glimpse of other people's stuff. I'm going to take a few pictures of the things I have displayed on my big bookcase in the den. I'm not matchy-matchy or sophisticated....these things just have a lot of memories or meaning for me.

For today, here's my beloved Chinese Checkers set. I don't know quite how old it is but I can remember playing with my Grandma when I was just a little girl and that's been more than 40 years ago. I just happened to be at her house one day when she was preparing for a garage sale and spotted this in the pile of stuff that was going in the sale. I grabbed it up quick and claimed it as mine. She wouldn't even take the .75 cents for it. LOL She's gone now but such good memories this brings to me and it has a place of honor.

• wantoretire_did
    13 years ago

Angelaid - You can take cuttings of your gorgeous plant and root them. The linked instructions sound pretty simple. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Propogating Schefflera

• angelaid
    13 years ago

Thank you for the link. It was over 10 feet tall and growing sideways across the ceiling. I've been cutting it back and cutting it back and it just keeps getting fuller (around). Don't know if you can see the second one behind it in the window to the right. I'm being overrun. We'll be sleeping in the motorhome soon to make more room for the plants. I've got a rubber tree plant downstairs that is almost as large as the Schefflera.

• oldgardener_2009
    13 years ago

Angelaid, I once lived in a house that was over-run by houseplants too. I feel ya.

Eventually I had to put them outside where they died while I looked the other way. It was sad, but it had to be done. ;)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

My bedroom. I had just washed the sheer curtain awhile ago and the light was so pretty.

{{!gwi}}

• whidbeykathy
    13 years ago

My recliner and my favorite accessory

• golddust
    13 years ago

• glenda_al
    13 years ago

Don't have much to show cause my condo is so small.

View of my window and the treetops.

Curtains are down cause I'm looking into good blinds.

{{!gwi}}

• Kathsgrdn
    13 years ago

Wanda, I used to have some of those leaves, Home Interiors aren't they? I think I eventually sold mine at a yard sale.

• kacram
    13 years ago

uh, aren't you in Hawaii young lady? lol

• matti5
    13 years ago

Nicole the bedframe is gorgeous!! You and DH are so talented. I would love to see more pictures of your iron work.

• kacee2002
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse that room looks so peaceful, makes me want to curl up and take a nap! Beautiful!

Very nice pics all!

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Here's my bedroom right after i painted it about 3 or 4 years ago.
    Kathi

{{gwi:619380}}

Since those pictures i took out that little blue rug and trash can and fixed those wires.Also all those flower pictures on the wall are pictures from my gardens.

• heatherinohio
    13 years ago

SCHOOLHOUSE!!!! Your bedroom is BREATH TAKING! I love it!! :)

• gazania_gw
    13 years ago

Kathi..very pretty bedroom. Love the window treament and tell me more about the hummingbird tapestry(?) above the bed. I like the way it is framed.

Whidbykathy...your "favorite accessory" gets my vote for best of the day.

Oakleyok your kitchen is to die for!

I'm loving all the hardwood floors that show up in many of the pictures...it is something I never thought I wanted, but I may change my mind in my 'old age'.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on the bedroom. I like it too.

• bearcat_va
    13 years ago

Here is the baby's room...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• gadgets
    13 years ago

What a neat little room you have for your new baby!! It gives me a sense of peace, looking at the pictures.

Shirley

• liz
    13 years ago

beautiful rooms ladies!! All of them...

• jaybird
    13 years ago

I love seeing all of your rooms!
    Schoolhouse that room/light/curtain is amazing!
    Ms. Glenda, your lamp is absolutely stunning,
    Thanks everyone for posting.

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Thanks Gazania,the window treatment i made from a sheet i found at the thrift store,and the lace curtains i made several years ago.The hummingbird wall hanging is my very first stained glass quilting projects i made several years ago as well.Do you quilt?? It wasn't that hard,it's called reverse applique,stained glass quilting.I'm glad you liked it.
    Kathi

• kacram
    13 years ago

Nice homes everyone!

I love your baby's room, bearcat!

• Rudebekia
    13 years ago

{{!gwi}}