SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

2010 Quilt Show is now history!

13 years ago

My guild's 2010 quilt show is officially over! It began on Tuesday with the judging of the quilts. We had a very good judge this year and everyone who watched and listened thought she did an excellent job of judging.

On Thursday we installed the show at the regional Girl Scout Council Learning Center and had our Family Reception for our members and their families. This turned out to be the best venue for our show in many years. We had the entire complex for our show for 4 full days. The quilts were shown in the large, airy, bright gym, the vendors were in a large space, the Boutique was in another large spacious room, and our raffle quilts and Silent Auction lined the main hall.

We had exposure on two local television channels and people saw our signs on I-40 and at the large regional farmers' market just off the interstate.

We had about 100 quilts in the show - I will post a link to photos of the quilts when I recover. After all the bills are paid, we should net between $7,000 and $8,000. In this economy and given that we were in a new venue, we are very happy to have done so well!

I got to call the winners of our two raffle quilts and they came right over to pick up their wonderful quilts. I had good comments from the judge about my quilt (even though I am not in love with my round robin quilt).

Next show, I plan to show my Sunny Lanes quilt. It will look fantastic in that bright, sunny gym, I think! LOL!

Teresa, who is a happy quilter even though her back, legs and feet hurt like heck!

Comments (9)