SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Where has all the DensArmor Plus gone?

weedyacres
10 years ago

The first time we gutted a bathroom, about 7 years ago, we went to Lowe's, asked for greenboard and the guy said "you don't want that, this stuff is way better" and pointed at DensArmor Plus. We used it in that bathroom and another one we added a couple years later, and in a friend's bathroom that we helped reno.

Fast forward to today. We truck down to a different Lowe's, in a smaller town, and all they have is greenboard. They can order DensArmor Plus, but I have to buy 51 sheets (I need 4). The Lowe's that originally steered me to it no longer carries it, nor does any big box store within 100 miles. I call 5 drywall supply houses in a big city 75 miles away and some don't have it, others only have 5/8". I finally find one distributor that has some 1/2" a couple hours away and agrees to transfer 4 pieces to a closer warehouse for me.

Why does no one carry this anymore? They don't even have "or equivalent" (I thought perhaps regionally they'd carry Certainteed's similar product.) What are people using in residential bathrooms now? Can anyone shed light on this?

Comments (8)